Baird Principal Group (“BPG”) is responsible for evaluating and monitoring BPG Partners Fund co-investments and strategic investments. Through two co-investment funds, Baird Principal Group makes minority private equity and growth equity investments in middle-market private companies across the Industrial, Technology & Services, Healthcare and Consumer sectors. As part of the Strategic Investments mandate of Principal Investments, BPG also makes minority equity investments in third-party financial services firms and limited partner investments in third-party funds.
The Baird Principal Group team seeks a junior level Analyst to support the evaluation and execution of investments, corporate development projects and industry analysis. The Analyst will also support the administrative and operational functions of this small three-person team, gaining exposure to our CFO, CEO and other Baird leaders. The ideal candidate has one to three years’ experience in financial services, consulting or accounting. Candidates coming from investment banking may not find this role to be at the level of responsibility or compensation desired.
As Corporate Development Analyst, you will:
- Provide quantitative and analytical support to current strategic investments, corporate development projects and internal forecasting models
- Compile industry and competitive analyses, firmwide presentations and financial reporting schedules
- Support due diligence of investment opportunities, including company and market research, valuation analysis and pipeline management for new investments
- Execute administrative and operational responsibilities including pipeline management in Salesforce and creation of PowerPoint presentations.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Involvement in a wide variety of responsibilities providing depth of knowledge and the ability to have a direct impact on the business.
- Ability to play a critical role on an entrepreneurial team with exposure to key leaders throughout the firm
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for the firm while enjoying what we do including giving back to the communities where we live and work
What we look for:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment
- Ability to work equally well on a team and self-directed basis
- Excellent mathematical, computer (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and communication skills
- Experience in financial services, consulting or accounting
- Undergraduate degree with a proven track record of academic excellence, preferably in finance or accounting
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter directly to Niall Varley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in your email the position title and your affiliation with Evans Scholars.