The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL, is currently seeking a full-time Financial Accounting Analyst. This position is responsible for preparation, reconciliation, analysis, and distribution of financial and accounting related data for the LPGA (and subsidiaries) and the LPGA Foundation (and subsidiary). This position will report to the Director of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare bank reconciliations; create and record journal entries; generate, reconcile and ensure the accuracy of various system reports, schedules and calculations
- Responsible for monthly closing of financial records and preparation of month end schedules; understand impact and ensures accuracy of financial statements
- Extract, manipulate and organize data in response to management requests
- Evaluate financial operations to recommend best-practices, identify issues and strategize solutions to help organization run efficiently
- Perform posting, data entry and maintenance tasks relevant to assigned functional areas
- Experience with multi-company transactions
- Main point of contact for financial/accounting related inquiries from internal constituents
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, for proper audit trails and verification for all processed work
- Well-rounded Accountant who has been exposed to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Create and present key-decision making data. Conduct forecasting and risk analysis assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Minimum of 3 years general accounting experience, which could include internship
- Prior experience managing a database, ability to export/manipulate data and interpret results
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, documentation, research and resolution skills; ability to recognize and report deviations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to access, operate and maintain various software applications; Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience required; Experience working with MAS 90, Sage, or similar Accounting Systems a plus
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Professional attitude, strong work ethic and interpersonal/customer service skills; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions, and clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing to customers, support personnel and management
- Flexible working arrangements available