Evans Scholars Foundation
The Manager, Prospect Management & Research is responsible for managing the prospect management and research process while supporting the operations of the WGA/ESF Development Team. This opportunity will require high level of project management and collaboration across the WGA/ESF organization. (S)he will demonstrate a strong ability to interpret data and draw meaningful conclusions that inform fundraising operations and shape outcomes.
- Work with key WGA/ESF partners to achieve the goals and objectives of The Promise Campaignand 2030 Ambitions.
- Lead the Prospect & Research Management process by establishing and overseeing a well-defined system for tracking, reporting, and managing prospects based on comprehensiveresearch that drives cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors and prospects.
- Develop strategies to grow the size and value of the managed prospect pool through maintenance and analysis of information including pyramids, reports, and gift tables.
- Conduct responsive prospect research at the request of WGA/ESF team partners.
- Independently and collaboratively use creative research techniques and a variety of resources(internet websites, library and government resources, online databases, periodicals) to produce high-level research on Evans Scholars alumni, individuals, friends, corporations, and foundations.
- Manage and navigate electronic constituent files within Raisers Edge to uphold database integrity.
- Assist fundraisers with entering, tracking and maintaining donor information into Raisers Edge
- Generate new and update current reports, prospect and donor profiles, biographies, and other pertinent donor/prospect related information for WGA/ESF leadership and staff.
- Coordinate and manage projects, as assigned, as they pertain to the WGA/ESF development team, including but not limited to producing weekly/monthly reports, preparing donor presentation materials, drafting donor gift agreements, etc.
- Champion policies, projects and strategies that drive effective donor solicitation and relationship development.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Customer Service – working with event coordinators and clients to effectively manage their requests.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in database management, specifically Blackbaud Raisers Edge & ResearchPoint, is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Please send application materials, including a cover letter and resume, to Dan Niemiec, Vice President, Programs, Strategy & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please list "Manager, Prospect Development & Research".