With a little planning, you can make a gift that will have a great impact on the Evans Scholars Foundation and support your personal and philanthropic goals. The most popular planned gifts include:

  • Will or trust provisions
  • Retirement plan assets
  • Insurance policies
  • Full or partial real estate interests
  • Charitable remainder trusts
  • Charitable lead trusts

Donors who have thoughtfully provided for the Evans Scholars Foundation in their estate plans are celebrated through membership in The Chick Evans Society, which includes more than 500 families. These gifts honor the mission of Chick Evans, who fulfilled his dream of sending high-achieving caddies with limited financial means to college. You, too, can make your mark through a planned gift that will help offset the escalating tuition costs for future Evans Scholars. Thank you for considering this gift of a lifetime.

Please contact Vice President of Development Jerry Dudek at 224-260-3730 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with questions or to make a planned gift.


Frequently Asked Questions


Q: What is the Evans Scholars Foundation’s tax identification number?
A: The Evans Scholars Foundation’s tax ID # is 36-2518129.

Q: I (we) would like to include the Evans Scholars Foundation in my (our) estate plans. What is the proper verbiage to share with my (our) attorney or accountant?
A: If you are considering a bequest to the Evans Scholars Foundation, here is some suggested wording to share with your attorney:

“I (we), _____________, give and bequeath _____________ to the Evans Scholars Foundation [Tax ID # 36-2518129], an Illinois charitable trust located in Glenview, Illinois, to be applied to the general purposes of the program”.

Q: How do I make a gift of appreciated securities?
A: A great way to support the Evans Scholars is by making a gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds. Please click here to see instructions on gifting appreciated securities to the Evans Scholars Foundation.

Q: I am over 70 1/2 and would like to make a required distribution from my IRA. How do I instruct my professional advisor to execute a domestic wire transfer?
A: Donors should work directly with their IRA custodian to request a distribution directly to the Evans Scholars Foundation. Please consult your tax advisor as other requirements may apply. Please provide these instructions on making a domestic wire transfer to your professional advisor.

Q: I (we) have included the Evans Scholars Foundation and would like to become members of The Chick Evans Society. What do I (we) need to do?
A: We would be honored to add your name to The Chick Evans Society and recognize you in our Annual Report. If you are comfortable being a member, please fill out the enrollment form found here and include your preferred name recognition. Members of The Chick Evans Society receive a bi-annual newsletter and are listed in our Annual Report each spring.

In addition, we would appreciate receiving a copy of your will or trust, as documentation of planned gifts enables the Evans Scholars Foundation to responsibly prepare for the future. Feel free to share with us as little or as much as you are comfortable. We understand and respect the confidentiality of your estate plans.

Q: I have additional questions about planned giving and the Evans Scholars. Who can I contact?
A: Please contact:

Jerry Dudek
Vice President, Development
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions about supporting the Evans Scholars Foundation through a planned gift. Thank you again for investing in the next generation of Evans Scholars!


Related Files


These links include instructions for transfers and downloadable enrollment forms.

Stock Donation Instructions
Wire Transfer Instructions
Chick Evans Society Enrollment Form